Canine Handler (Bed Bug Detection)
Are you passionate about customer service? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Why work at Western?
Western, a brand of Rentokil, is the largest pest control company in the world, and we are the third largest pest control company in North America. While we are big, we pride ourselves on our family atmosphere where we take mentoring and promoting from within seriously.
Not to mention…
- Stable industry with career advancement opportunities
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Company Vehicle
- And, we’re just fun to be around!
What does our Canine handler do?
The Canine handler will work with, care for, and maintain the training of a bed bug dog to perform inspections of commercial and residential customers’ facilities, as well as direct the dog in the performance of the bed bug inspections to result in sales and production revenues. Training for both the handler and the canine will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit exemplary customer service
- Explain the inspection process to the customer, and ensure the customer’s understanding of that process
- Conduct thorough inspections of the customer’s property to result in additional bed bug sales and/or revenues
- Ability to conduct canine bed bug demonstrations to potential clients
- Maintain current standard of training to ensure the team is able to detect the presence of bed bugs
- Ensure the dog is well groomed, well trained, and public-ready during all inspections
- Care for the dog during off work hours, to include but not be limited to: feeding, maintenance training, grooming, exercising, and regular well visits to the veterinarian to keep the dog healthy, safe, and well cared for.
- Canine Handler experience, with Pest Control Industry preferred but not required.
- Some light travel involved. Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to drive, with canine safely transported, to locations and customers’ sites in the designated territory.
- Have/maintain a valid driver’s license, and meet the company’s Driver Certification policy.
- Have or obtain within 90 days of employment, other necessary business relevant licenses.
- The canine is expected to reside with the handler; a home inspection is required.
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?