National Sales Manager-Rentokil North America Pest Control
REPORTS TO: Director of National Account Sales
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities for assigned colleagues. Staffs and directs a national sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line with company vision and values. Establishes sales plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for National Account Executives (NAEs) of Rentokil North America.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A. Human Resources – Recruit and hire top performing sales talent.
1. Hiring Process – Recruit, test and hire Sales Representatives based on Rentokil
2. Recruiting – Identify, develop and maintain relationships with local recruiters, local colleges and other recruiting sources for current and future sales needs.
3. Ensure team is staffed at all times and a bench of sales talent is identified.
B. Training and Development
1. Conduct Weekly One on One Debriefs with all Sales Representatives to build more effective communication, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Sales Representatives’ sales activity performance.
2. Conducting Field Rides with Sales Representatives to coach and on developing improved sales skills.
3. Assist Sales Representatives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
4. Use of all required analytical tools necessary to propose deals within the scope of current corporate financial requirements. To include Blue Sheets and Sales Calculator for NA.
5. Take ownership for the success of new hires by executing our NEW Sales Representative Training Program.
6. Develop new corrective action plans for each Sales Representative utilizing directive and supportive coaching style.
7. Conduct productive Weekly Sales Meetings and Sales Training Meetings focused on skill development and improving performance.
8. Utilize sales KPIs as a coaching tool and to monitor Sales Representative’s activity level. Manager will ensure that all Sales Representatives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments and proposals and debrief in detail with Sales Representatives weekly.
9. Sets a strong example for Sales Representatives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habits.
10. Annually, develop a Regional Sales and Marketing Plan that supports NAPC’s Corporate Plan and integrates campaigns, lead generation activities and target account management.
11. Develop and support Sales Representatives Quarterly Sales Action Plans and redirect activities to ensure performance.
C. Target Prospecting Management – Monitor and manage the target account management process.
1. Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
2. Incorporates the principles of Strategic Selling.
3. Ensures 100% identification of target prospects in the market.
4. Develop, with support from Corporate Marketing, seeding campaigns to position our company and increase penetration into all target accounts and segments.
5. Develop and support LOB sales development with a minimum of 10% Line of Business (LOB) sales as a percentage of total NAE’s Baseline Sales Target (BST).
D. Territory Management Systems – Monitor and manage progress of assigned accounts and top target lists as assigned.
1. Ensure prospects are being worked and SFDC is updated weekly by Friday COB.
2. Monitor the quality of Phone Blocks conducted by Sales Representatives.
3. Develop business plans and sales strategies in support of Call Campaigns that ensures attainment of company sales targets and profitability.
E. Administration – Monitor and control administrative functions
1.Administrative Functions – Control administrative functions within department to assure timeliness and the accuracy of reports new orders, administrative requirements cannot interfere with field coaching requirements.
2. Sales Tools – Control and maintain an ample supply of sales tools used in presentations. Keep sales tools current, neat, factual and effective.
3. Selling Expenses – Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
4. Baseline Sales Targets- Assist Management in development of Baseline Sales Targets.
5. Incentives – Ensure that all NAPC Incentive and Compensation Plans are driving performance and make recommendations if needed.
6. Competitive knowledge – Maintain an accurate and complete file on each main competitor in the Region (National, Regional and Local).
7. Submit an accurate Monthly New Business Forecast using SFDC.
II. PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
III. TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
IV. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Disclaimer Statement: This job description is not intended, nor should it be constructed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a particular job. It is intended to be only a general description of the principal requirements common to positions of this type.