Inside Sales & Administraive Support
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary purpose of this split role is to be the key administrator in completing customer contact to proposed services to maintain high levels of service retention and provide support to the overall VMS Resolicitation process which varies seasonally. The role of this colleague is to meet VMS Baseline sales and retention targets and KPI’s while maintaining a customer focused service. The secondary role is to provide general VMS Administrative Support assisting the VMS Operations Administrative Team with functions including basic customer service skills and account management, service and operations costing procedures, specialist scheduling, work order management and reconciling and providing administrative support to all Rentokil offices regarding VMS sales and operations. Providing assistance to the Line of Business Manager on special projects and key account management as assigned are also key.
- Effectively manage VMS customer service proposal follow up for all iRIS operating districts to achieve company standard of 90%+ retained business on prior year completed service work and other assigned baseline targets for self and VMS Division. (monthly tiered targets)
- Work towards achieving company closing rate or better and convert “corrective/job” services to “contract/maintenance” services.
- Schedule timely proposal follow up calls as needed.
- Reconcile “Accepted” service agreements in a timely manner and assign work orders for completion.
- Effectively complete daily service approval steps in iRIS and manage follow up call scheduling.
- Manage and track via Excel work sheet the resolicitation/retention process and sales/revenue figures by district and publish bi-monthly Q1 and weekly Q2-Q3 working toward above mentioned target.
- Assist VMS Administrative staff with annual VMS Re-solicitation batch and price increase data entry and processing late fall-early winter.
- Assist Operations management with VMS work order assignment and scheduling of customers in the Assigned Held (AH) status for timely completion by reviewing the iRIS 670 work order screens by district.
- Handle confidential customer and colleague information in a responsible, professional and mature manner.
- Answer billing questions from customers when they arise.
- Work closely with offices to make sure any relevant VMS sales/service Campaigns for both new and existing customers are being followed.
- Respond quickly to any requests made by internal colleagues or customers for emailing service agreements and service continuation letters.
- Attend and participate in group sales meetings as assigned.
- Manage VMS Qualified Sales Program and tracking.
- Multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Assist with sales, revenue and service work order reports as needed.
- Assist with cancellations and service recovery.
Support and Business Management: Manage VMS customer service agreement follow-up to achieve Retention Targets and other objectives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with College coursework or work experience in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years Sales and Call Center experience required.
- Knowledgeable use of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills required. Able to communicate with perspective residential and commercial clients over the telephone to resell the value of our service and maximize repeat sales and revenues.
- Demonstrate exemplary multi-tasking skills including ability to accurately enter data by typing while speaking on the phone with customers.
- Balance customer and colleague demands while working under pressure to keep up with seasonal work flow and make sure all sales are entered accurately following company guidelines and pricing standards as published.
- Assist outside sales colleagues with service agreement follow up to new customers and worksites.
- Assist sales colleagues and VMS Manager with bid documents and special invoicing requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to handle difficult calls, including, but not limited to cancellations, billing inquiries, complaints and emergencies.
- Meet and exceed daily outbound call expectations and requirements to meet retention objectives and world class customer service.
- Understands the components of profitability in our business and views it as unethical to enter any account without question which cannot realize a reasonable profit or is missing critical service information.
- Creates and manages VMS sales activity reports prepared accurately and adheres to assigned deadlines for manager review and publication.
Positive Impact: Make a positive impact on all prospects, customers and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm- Displays enthusiasm and treats all prospects with respect.
- Appearance- Displays business casual appearance and mannerisms at all times including personal grooming that is always neat, clean and in alignment with our company policies and objectives.
- Impact- Sales Literature, sales aids and supporting collateral available for sales support and customer service.
- Collaboration- Works in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner as part of a cohesive support team supporting customer and colleague needs.
- Work Station - is kept neat, clean and organized.
Sales and Operating System (iRIS) Knowledge: Maintains proficiency in sales knowledge and translates that knowledge into meaningful prospect benefits as appropriate including core competencies:
- Products (all Lines of Business)
- Services (VMS Specific, general knowledge of other LOB’s)
- Uses NAPC Inside Sales 5 step sales approach.
Accounts Sold: Enter the necessary details of accounts sold into iRIS for assigned Sales Representative/District to insure timely service scheduling and relationships. Eliminates paperwork errors by:
- Ensuring business instructions regarding Health and Safety of our
- colleagues, customers, other site contractors, the public and
- Environment is adhered to.
- Support our service specialists/operations by completing detailed service and work order notes required to ensure customer expectations and requirements are met and ensure service treatment maps are provided, electronically stored for future reference and use.
- Attend monthly relevant team and technical meetings as assigned to ensure communication continues between Corporate VMS and District level operations and technicians.
Organization: Organizes Administrative responsibilities and activities to maximize the time spent and provide timely update to management upon request or routine schedule.
Self-Improvement: Constantly works on self-improvement and learning
- Performance – Analyzes personal performance and learns from mistakes
- Development – Reacts positively and professionally to performance evaluations, Weekly One on One Debriefs, Phone Observation, Coaching, feedback and works to improve developmental objectives.
- Techniques – Stays current on Inside Sales techniques and VMS objectives.
- Listening- Extracts information from conversations.
- Oral Communications- Effective in overcoming objections using skillful persuasion.
- Empathy- Acts with consideration of the feelings and thoughts of prospects, customers and other colleagues.
- Tenacity- Stays with a sales plan until the objectives are achieved or is no longer reasonably obtainable.
- Persuasiveness- Gains agreement and acceptance of ideas, plans, activities and recommendations.
- Impact- Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, and shows off an air of confidence.
- Enthusiasm- Displays genuine interest, excitement and eagerness toward career, company and prospects.
- Behavioral Flexibility- Modifies behavior to reach a goal. Demonstrates versatility.
- Adaptability- Effective in dealing with various situations and with various personality styles.
- Resilience- Handles disappointment and rejection professionally while staying effective.
- Initiative- Is a self-starter. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
- Self-Reliance- Cope well in competitive sales situations with little supervision.
- Character- Operates within the character of our company (Values, Mission Statement and Business Philosophy).
- Enthusiasm- Motivated by selling (interested, enthusiastic and committed to the sales function).
- Professionalism- Competent and consistent Sales Representative; good at the job and knows why.
Compatible with Rentokil Culture and Values
- Integrity- Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms of Rentokil.
- Work Ethic- Consistently makes the kind of effort necessary to accomplish sales and administrative goals.
III. TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Rentokil New Hire Sales Training Program.
- Rentokil Inside sales 5 step training program.
- iRIS use (internal customer service information program).
- Successfully completes the VMS New Hire Introduction program and annual certification program within first 2 months of employment.
- Attendance at all VMS Meetings and Corporate Sales and Training Meetings as assigned.