Manages inventory and vendor relationships, ensuring smooth chain of supply and proper inventory levels. Negotiates costs, assists in new product development, communicates across all functions. Supports internal customer base with order fulfillment as dictated by manager.
Benchmarks for Success
▪ Meeting or exceeding monthly targeted inventory levels.
▪ Developing and managing suppliers to avoid quality and out-of-stock issues
▪ Keeps team apprised of deliveries and updates
▪ Manages flow of goods from our contracted factories
▪ Places orders in acceptable quantities in a timely fashion
▪ Expedites orders to manage inventory levels
▪ Communicates with other departments to ensure all are updated on out-of-stock situations
▪ Investigates shortages and overages to ensure proper resolution.
▪ Serves as first point of contact in negotiations. Prepares cost change reviews and assists General Manager in negotiations.
▪ Establishes positive relationship with all vendors through regular communication
▪ Looks for opportunities to add to our product line based on customer needs.
▪ Has a personal awareness of industry trends and how they affect our product movement.
▪ Anticipate seasonal movement and reacts accordingly
▪ Makes inventory adjustments accurately and as needed.
▪ Communicates with assigned backup to provide top quality service even when absent or on vacation.
▪ Manages invoice checking function – prepares invoices and receiving for AP.
▪ Processes receivings accurately and on time.
▪ Prepares all required paperwork so customers and coworkers can act in a
timely and professional manner
▪ Prepares all required reports
▪ Abides by all company policies and regulations
▪ To attend all meetings as required.
▪ Warehouse Supervisor
▪ Warehouse Office Coordinator
▪ Sales and Design Consultants
▪ Admin Manager
▪ Branch Manager
▪ Excellent communication skills.
▪ Excellent computer skills – 50 WPM keystroke and experience with Microsoft Office package
▪ Must be able to work independently, taking a high level of personal initiative
to do whatever is required
▪ Excellent time management skills
▪ Strong writing skills
▪ Excellent listening and interpretive skills
▪ Problem solving with tact, tolerance, and persuasion
▪ Good math skills
▪ Familiarity with product lines so as to offer best solutions
▪ A desire to prospect and close
▪ Comfortable with computer usage
▪ An outgoing, people pleasing personality.
▪ A desire to be the best
▪ The ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and interruptions
▪ Creative and analytical
▪ Professional conduct and appearance
▪ Detail and time sensitive.
▪ A team oriented approach
▪ Mostly our offices, with 3-5 business trips per year
▪ Should not be considered a 40 hour workweek
▪ Bachelors degree, preferably in business/marketing, or equivalent work
▪ Successful track record of business experience
▪ Horticultural/landscape knowledge a plus
Orientation and Training
▪ Specific Purchasing seminars as needed
▪ On-the-Job training by General Manager