SERVICE CENTER MANAGER
Are you passionate about customer service? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading national wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. We serve the entire United States from 42 conveniently located branch locations in the U.S. and Canada and provide products and services throughout multiple industries, in both the private and public sector.
What does a Target Service Center Manager do?
Target Service Center Managers directly supervise warehouse, customer service and delivery staff as well as coordinate distribution and warehousing activities.
- Perform inventory control, minimize inventory levels while minimizing stock out rate
- Schedule delivery trucks and drivers to destinations based on shipping requirements, cost, and delivery priorities
- Confirm deliveries and maintain appropriate inventory records; reconcile inventory
- Inspect physical condition of warehouse and equipment; prepare work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment
- Perform daily order entry and billing functions; generate shipping orders and invoices for mailing and initiate back orders
- Monitor billings for accuracy and communicate with appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies or verify unusual items
- Assist in daily and month end closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered into system
- Assist current and prospective customers by providing pricing and product information
- Ensure proper safety procedures are followed and that employees are properly trained and certified or licensed, as required
- Actively engage in selling, up selling, and cross selling at the service counter or on the phone
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to UPS station or staging area; prepare parcels for mailing or UPS
- Interview, hire, and train employees
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- Bachelors, Associate’s, or Technical Degree or equivalent with four to six years of related experience and/or training
- Success in training, mentoring and coaching service professionals
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized with good communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Valid driver’s license/clean driving record
- helpful but not mandatory to have a CDL Class B license
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?