Essential Job Functions:
1. Read, write legibly, and comprehend pesticide labels and training materials printed in English.
2. Operate a motor vehicle according to company policy.
3. Enter and exit structures and crawl spaces; climb over and on top of structures; ascend and descend stairs and ladders.
4. Use OHSA mandated personal protective equipment.
5. Visually inspect for pest, pest harborage, pest entries, etc.
6. Use application and inspection equipment; small hand tools and power hammer drills.
7. Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, including seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You must like satisfying people and be capable of working independently. Communicating and reselling the value of our service is critical. You will be responsible for building and maintaining good customer relations and fostering long-term relationships with our customers. Good relations include dealing with our customers in a courteous manner at all times, leaving their premises and furnishings as clean as possible when you finish. You must communicate with our customers and give details of services completed. You are responsible for maintaining appropriate service standards at all accounts where you perform our service. Any unusual circumstances or problems should be immediately discussed with your supervisor. You will actively participate in group meetings to develop new and better ways to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. This includes teamwork and communicating customer requirements to the group for future service consideration.
- Identify customer’s termite problems and have knowledge of termite behaviors and habits. Determine remedial steps. Communicate to the customer, critical conditions that are conducive to termite activity. Discuss procedures and structural modifications, which may be supplemental to treatment process.
- Satisfactorily complete initial technical training and participate in regular update training to stay current with proven methods and practices. This includes the Purdue Correspondence Course on Structural Pest Control, monthly technical service meetings and other assignments. Training includes the following areas: pest identification and biology, proper control methods, pesticide selection, safe application practices, and correct equipment usage.
- Maintain your equipment and vehicle in a state of cleanliness and good working order for your own comfort and safety, as well as providing an appropriate appearance for our customers.
- Assist sales and management personnel with accounts and for the level of service, product, time requirements, and pricing.
- Responsible for timely and proper completion of the customers’ and all regulatory and administrative reports.
- With the assistance of our Customer Support Representatives (CSR), you are responsible for scheduling work assigned to you. This includes maintaining account service instructions, and assisting CSR’s in contacting customers when appropriate.
- Responsible for attaining level of productivity based on level of training, experience, and type of accounts serviced.
- Assist in the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule for off-hours and weekends.
- Willing to learn and/or keep up to date on the Enterprise Information System (EIS) which includes use of hand-held computers for recording customer information and status.
- We train our Technicians in the best practices for providing Pest Control. We require a stable work history with a proven record of good customer relations skills. We strive to exceed our customers’ needs. Therefore, our Technicians exhibit flexibility with working hours and willingness and cooperation to thrive in a teamwork environment.
- Applicants please apply on-line only - No Phone Calls will be accepted.