- Take responsibility for all procurement activity related to an assigned contract, supplier or sub-category, delivering cost-reduction initiatives and implementing new products and services
- Negotiating and drafting contracts and service level agreements in accordance with Group processes and policy.
- Managing and supporting cost reduction projects
- Worldwide sourcing of products and services within the given category
- Interaction with stakeholders across the Group to agree implementation actions and deliver results
- Support the Category Manager through
- Analysis of category spend data to identify critical suppliers and cost saving opportunities.
- Market research to keep up to date on changing product trends, commodity price movements and legislative requirements
- Rationalising the vendor and product base to reduce complexity, and deliver improvement opportunities
- Working with the appropriate stakeholders as defined by the Global Category Manager’s governance models, collate key supplier and contract performance measurement data to mitigate risk and drive continuous improvement
- Management of allocated suppliers to drive quality standards, adherence to product specifications, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Making full use of technology such as e-procurement tools and processes.
Skills & Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive relationship management abilities, with a track record in team-player roles
- Initiative and leadership
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Procurement role with evidence of a strong track record
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar.
- Capable in the use of all tools within the Microsoft Office suite (or similar)