Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the point of contact between the President and CEO and internal/external customers.
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence.
- Draft correspondences
- Handle requests and queries appropriately.
- Maintain diary, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Manage expense reports.
- Take dictation and minutes and accurately enter data.
- Produce, edit, and maintain reports and presentations.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Complete projects as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the President and CEO’s internal and personal affairs.
- Proficient in English.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Able to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- High level verbal and written communications skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Deliver Results
- Have the ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Focus on delivering what’s required.
- Establish SMART objectives for self and others.
- Be enthusiastic and works with energy to achieve company standards and goals.
- Monitor progress of objectives and take action to ensure delivery to agreed timescales.
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload effectively.
- Act Commercially
- Able to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer-focused decisions.
- Use business thinking to make decisions.
- Use experience to solve current problems.
- Use a straightforward and practical approach to handling business issues.
- Understand how own actions impact on costs and finds the most cost effective solution to meet needs.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Be aware of own feelings.
- Manage own feelings to remain clear and focused.
- Have positive expectations that things will work out.
- Be aware of own development needs and takes steps to improve these.
- Know how to take care of self to be at one’s best.
- Coach and Develop
- Encourage the long-term development of others to build capability.
- Give practical support.
- Train team members by giving directions or demonstrations.
- Give practical support or assistance to make job easier for the other individual.
- Ask questions, devise tests, or use other methods to ensure that others have understood.
- Give support to others and praise more than criticizes.
- Recognize success.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborate with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Be a team player.
- Offer help and advice when asked.
- Be supportive and/or positive of other members of team.
- Share information knowledge and experience freely within own team and with other departments / business units.
- Commit to team decisions.
- Display Leadership
- Inspire others to achieve the company’s objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Communicate expectations and direction.
- Give clear directions – ensuring communications are clear and simple.
- Communicate objectives and share helpful information with the team/individuals.
- Listen to individuals and includes their ideas in decisions made.
- Conduct regular team meetings to share information and listen to ideas and concerns.
- Adapt style to suit customers and colleagues.
Program of Study
High School Diploma or GED
Business or related field
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
Five (5) + Years
Personal assistant or related experience
in a corporate environment
- Additional qualification as a personal assistant would be considered an advantage.
- Experience as an executive assistant or in other secretarial position.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Current knowledge of office applications including Google Suite.
This is a full-time position. While the Executive Assistant will report to an office, occasional travel to North America sites may be required. There may be overnight travel required.
Work Schedule: This job tends to have regular office hours but may have extended hours. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.