Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. Target serves the entire United States from 43 conveniently located branch locations and provides products and services to the following industries, in both the private and public sector: structural pest control, landscape construction and maintenance, golf course maintenance and turf-grass maintenance, production nursery, industrial vegetation management, aquatic, forestry and vector control.
The Sales Director is responsible for leading a team of Sales Managers and Sales Representatives in the Eastern US through development and execution of the overall sales strategy within the assigned Market. The ability to lead people, form relationships with the largest customers, execute sales initiatives and programs, and think strategically will be key success factors for this role. From a strategic perspective, you will be charged with successfully developing & executing a sales strategy aligned around business objectives relating to growth, revenue & profit. From a leadership perspective, you will lead & develop a high performing sales team to ensure we are bringing new sales capabilities to market. A solid understanding of Pest Distribution, Pest products, and customer solutions within the market segments are critical to the success of this role.
- Function as a key executive decision-maker within the Target leadership team, reporting to the President of the division, collaborating with functional partners in Finance, Marketing, Account Management and Operations to make key account decisions and deliver strategic and overarching company objectives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the current sales strategy and recommend improvement based on market research, sales input, and competitor analyses.
- Identify, evaluate, create, and refine the customer pipeline.
- Achievement of sales and profitability targets.
- Monitor all Sales Force activity to ensure sales activity is consistent published KPI's.
- Manage forecasted revenue streams on an annual, quarterly, and monthly basis.
- Prepare and present quarterly evaluations of productivity for the sales organization.
- Responsible for developing, training, coaching and managing the sales team.
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, presentation, management and organizational skills
- 10+ years managing a sales team with proven ability to directly manage, develop and drive performance, 5+ of which in the pest distribution industry
- At least 10 years of experience in evaluating, designing & executing a sales strategy within the pest distribution industry
- Experience managing sales managers in pest distribution preferred
- Proven track record of having excellent internal and external customer relationships within the pest distribution industry
- Possess a strong business acumen managing to bottom-line profitability
- Experience in accurately forecasting and managing the sales for a national account focused organization
- Position requires travel up to 60-70% with overnight stays
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?