The Account Manager (AM) is a position on the Account Management Team reporting to the Director, Strategic Accounts in the market segment. The AM is the main point-of-collaboration for adding value to the clients assigned. The AM is the primary person focused on developing strong relationships, providing daily support and providing technical insights to execute on an account strategy that will earn the best return for both the client and Steritech. An essential part of this position is orchestrating the implementation of services, ensuring quality and calibration of Specialists assessing the locations, meeting service level agreements, and the communication and escalation of issues where appropriate.
In addition, the Account Manager must possess an in-depth understanding of the Brand Standards business, Steritech protocols and procedures and specific customer brand requirements to ensure a high level of service to the client and to facilitate excellent communication between Steritech and all levels of the client organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Establishes productive, professional and consultative relationships with key personnel throughout assigned client organizations (at both the franchise and corporate level).
- Coordinates the involvement of the vertical team (Specialists, Account Managers, Support Services, technical resources, operations management and leadership) in order to meet account performance objectives and client's' expectations.
- Connects key stakeholders within client’s organization to Steritech team through formal and informal meetings, including business reviews, top-to-top meetings and innovation sessions.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the market segment, sharing insights, trends, benchmarking and best practices with clients assigned.
- Proactively assesses company performance on quality, calibration, round spread, day-parting, survey results, Specialist feedback and manages SLAs.
- Meets assigned targets for growth, profitability, A/R and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Works with Accounts Receivable and client to ensure payment of any outdated invoices.
- Executes successful contract renewals and price increase terms with clients assigned.
- Executes strategic plans including performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for assigned accounts.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, validates customer needs and adds value to customers programs on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for submitting weekly, monthly and yearly reports as required; including ensuring administrative procedures are performed as necessary to complete required reports.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, and/or background required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in business or management-related field or three years progressive management experience in a related service industry or successful completion of account management track (internal candidates).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform in high pressure and dynamic situations with skill and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on projects and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with a track-record of results.
- Ability to demonstrate financial knowledge and business acumen.
- Attention to detail.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Desire and ability to travel via car and airplane to meet clients, field operations, attend meetings and conference as necessary.
- Proficiency with Google applications (docs, sheets, calendar, drive, etc.).
- Must pass pre-employment background screenings (DMV, criminal, drug).
- Minimum three years of strategic sales experience in a business-to-business sales and/or account management organization.
- Proficient in Salesforce.
- Experience in the (foodservice/grocery/convenience/QSR) industry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Passenger car, telephone, personal computer, other general office equipment.
- Walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, sitting, driving, seeing, communicating (orally & in writing)