S.E. Director of Business Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Field Sales
Responsible for assisting in the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned Market. Directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line with company vision and values. Establishes sales plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for Sales Representatives of Rentokil North America.
Training and Development
- Conducting 2-3 Field Rides per month with Sales Representatives to coach on developing improved sales skills.
- Assist Sales Representatives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Take ownership for the success of new hires by executing our NEW Sales Representative Training Program.
- Develop new corrective action plans for each Sales Representative utilizing directive and supportive coaching style.
- Conduct productive Monthly Residential Sales Process Training Meetings focused on skill development and improving performance.
- Utilize sales KPIs as a coaching tool and to monitor Sales Representative’s activity level. Manager will ensure that all Sales Representatives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments and proposals and debrief in detail with Sales Representatives
- Sets a strong example for Sales Representatives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habits.
- Develop and support Sales Representatives Quarterly Sales Action Plans and redirect activities to ensure performance.
- Training and monitoring of company CRM tool utilization.
- Train and develop DM / OM in effective Residential Sale Process.
Target Prospecting Management – Monitor and manage the target account management process.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Incorporates the principles of Strategic Selling.
- Ensures 100% identification of target prospects in the market.
- Develop, with support from Corporate Marketing, seeding campaigns to position our company and increase penetration into all target accounts and segments.
Territory Management Systems – Monitor and manage Sales Advantage (Rentokil’s Contact Management platform) procedures to ensure proper utilization.
- Ensure local prospects are added and system is updated after each Phone Block.
- Monitor the quality of Phone Blocks conducted by Sales Representatives.
- Develop business plans and sales strategies in support of Call Campaigns that ensures attainment of company sales targets and profitability.
Administration – Monitor and control administrative functions
- Administrative Functions – Control administrative functions within department to assure timeliness and the accuracy of reports new orders, administrative requirements cannot interfere with field coaching requirements.
- Sales Tools – Control and maintain an ample supply of sales tools used in presentations. Keep sales tools current, neat, factual and effective.
- Selling Expenses – Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Competitive knowledge – Maintain an accurate and complete file on each main competitor in the Region (National, Regional and Local).