What do our Target CDL Drivers do?
CDL Drivers transport multiple products from distribution centers to customer locations. They also perform inspections before and after a trip and unload cased products from the trailer to customer facilities. Drivers follow appropriate safety procedures to transport cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours. This role is directly involved in all phases of customer delivery, inventory management and customer interaction.
- Transport target products from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Take and comprehend orders and ensure delivery shipments within state and/or in other cities/states
- Ensure all document and billing paperwork is available with each shipment
- Reach destinations within assigned timelines and verify recipient information according to company protocols
- Submit weekly, monthly and yearly reports, as required
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Competitive base pay plus bonus plan
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Company vehicle and uniforms provided
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED
- At least three years of experience driving and maintaining delivery trucks and routes
- Ability to operate electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB)
- Must pass pre-employment background screen, motor vehicle report and drug test
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs loading and unloading products
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekend work when needed
- Valid Hazmat Endorsement
- Valid Class B CDL License (without any major infractions)
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations