Fumigation Team Lead
Are you passionate about customer service? Love to coach and mentor others? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Why work at Guarentee Floridian?
Guarantee Floridian, a brand of Rentokil is the largest pest control company in the world, and we are the third largest pest control company in North America. While we are big, we pride ourselves on our family atmosphere where we take mentoring and promoting from within seriously.
What do our Fumigation Team Leads do?
Fumigation Leads direct a team of Fumigation Technicians to treat and exterminate rodents and insects that infest residential and commercial buildings. They also work to ensure safety and quality of work for fumigation crews, while training and instilling high quality standards, safety, and legal compliance in associates. They maintain high levels of accuracy and safety in day-to-day operations and provide impeccable customer service to our clients.
- Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property
- Set up and take down enclosures for fumigation treaments
- Coordinate fumigation schedule for the team
- Stay current of state and federal fumigation regulations
- Manage financial performance of the operations, including revenue growth and expense control
- Submit weekly, monthly and yearly reports, as required
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Coaching/mentoring and career advancement opportunities
- Competitive base pay plus bonus plan
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Company vehicle, technology package and uniforms provided
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- HS Diploma, college degree preferred
- Two years of experience in fumigation and customer service
- Success in training, mentoring and coaching service professionals
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a route-oriented, service environment a plus
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekend work when needed
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Valid driver’s license/clean driving record