Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain business relationships with accounts to promote brand awareness and profitable business relationships.
- Provide ongoing support to clients ensuring they receive high quality customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining long-term customer relationships with established clients.
- Inform clients of new products and services as they are introduced.
- Achieve retention and growth targets of assigned portfolio.
- Contact National Accounts customers over the telephone or in person.
- Make appointments to conduct account management reviews and to present opportunities to continue to add value.
- Use a Cornerstone approach with presentations targeted to customer.
- Make effective use of sales collateral, product samples, and Goodwill.
- Understand the components of profitability within the industry.
- Make a positive impact on our National Account customers and colleagues.
- Maintain a proficiency in sales knowledge:
Products (all Lines of Business).
Competitive activities, intelligence, service and sales techniques.
Manage time and portfolio effectively.
Build and maintain Strategic National Account Management files for each account in portfolio.
Identify opportunities within assigned portfolio.
Prepares reports accurately and meets deadlines as appropriate.
Communicate necessary details of accounts to ensure that all established customer requirements are met.
Effectively develop organizational capabilities and integration of objectives within the National Account Program Management team.
Incur only necessary expenses and keep accurate expense reports.
Constantly works on self-improvement and learning.
Up to date on sales techniques used by National Accounts utilizing Strategic Selling strategies/LAMP Gold Sheet Process. Account/Strategic Account Managers.
- Deliver Results
- Have the ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Focus on delivering what’s required.
- Establish SMART objectives for self and others.
- Be enthusiastic and works with energy to achieve company standards and goals.
- Monitor progress of objectives and take action to ensure delivery to agreed timescales.
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload effectively.
- Act Commercially
- Able to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer-focused decisions.
- Use business thinking to make decisions.
- Use experience to solve current problems.
- Use a straightforward and practical approach to handling business issues.
- Understand how own actions impact on costs and finds the most cost effective solution to meet needs.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Be aware of own feelings.
- Manage own feelings to remain clear and focused.
- Have positive expectations that things will work out.
- Be aware of own development needs and takes steps to improve these.
- Know how to take care of self to be at one’s best.
- Coach and Develop
- Encourage the long-term development of others to build capability.
- Give practical support.
- Train team members by giving directions or demonstrations.
- Give practical support or assistance to make job easier for the other individual.
- Ask questions, devise tests, or use other methods to ensure that others have understood.
- Give support to others and praise more than criticizes.
- Recognize success.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborate with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Be a team player.
- Offer help and advice when asked.
- Be supportive and/or positive of other members of team.
- Share information knowledge and experience freely within own team and with other departments / business units.
- Commit to team decisions.
- Display Leadership
- Inspire others to achieve the company’s objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Communicate expectations and direction.
- Give clear directions – ensuring communications are clear and simple.
- Communicate objectives and share helpful information with the team/individuals.
- Listen to individuals and includes their ideas in decisions made.
- Conduct regular team meetings to share information and listen to ideas and concerns.
- Adapt style to suit customers and colleagues.
Program of Study
Proficient in written and spoken English and be able to communicate effectively and professionally at all times and in a clear and concise manner.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Have knowledge of Google Suite, especially Google Drive and associated programs frequently used at Rentokil North America.
Certifications & Licensures
No licenses/certificates are required for this position.
This is a full-time position. The Strategic Account Manager - Ambius will report to an office, travel could be required.
Work Schedule: This job may have irregular hours due to travel and client demands but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive deadlines and time frames. For days spent in the office, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.