Service Desk Supervisor
The role is part of the team responsible for receiving and handling requests for IT support from Rentokil NA business units
Purpose of role:
The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for the day to day management and quality of incidents and activities that are required to be completed by the Service Desk Team.
Acts as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Responds to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfil requests or enable resolution. Provides first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Assists with the development standards, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
Supervises individuals and teams. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals’ skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Acts to facilitate effective working relationships between team members.
- Supervision of a team of Service Desk Analysts, managing workload and providing necessary support and guidance
- To deliver high quality support, owning support requests and managing them to a successful outcome for the customer
- Managing support requests in line with current process and targets, ensuring KPI’s are met and customer satisfaction is maintained
- Supervises individual in line with organisational strategy. Supports and guides the work of individuals and small groups.
- Allocates routine tasks and assigns project work to individuals, according to their particular skills, capabilities, and development needs. Creates job descriptions, as appropriate, in order to develop others and appraise performance. Understands link between professional development and performance management.
- Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individual’s skills and abilities setting appropriate and effective boundaries. Sets achievable goals, monitoring and acknowledging performance and supporting individual and team development. Collects data on individual and team performance. Gives regular feedback to team members and leads them to achieve their full potential.
- Acts as a role model for individuals and team members, setting a standard, acting professionally at all times and working to a professional code of conduct and ethics.
- Facilitates effective working relationships between team members, Motivates team members to maintain a high level of performance. Engages with, and empowers team members.
- Following agreed procedures, provides advice to users on systems, products and services which are available to them.
- Acts as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support.
- Responds to service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution. Applies client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems within a specified area of responsibility.
- Monitors service delivery performance metrics and liaises with manager to ensure that SLAs are not breached.
- Assists users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services. Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
- Assists with the development of client services standards and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues.
- For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, demonstrates, installs and commissions systems and their routine upgrades. Provides information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
- Prioritizes and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution, analysing complex problem situations to determine underlying causes and helping users to recover or continue operation.
- Ensures that requests are handled according to agreed procedures. For unresolved incidents, provides an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information.
- Uses judgement to set priority for resolution, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for unresolved incidents, ensuring that documentation of supported components is available and accessible to all who need to use it.
- Proposes, discusses and evaluates potential solutions with service providers and implements agreed field modifications or workarounds as directed.
- Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.