Marketing & Communication Manager
Purpose of Position
The Marketing & Communication Manager will be responsible for strategic and tactical support of ongoing marketing programs and guide marketing programs that support Rentokil North America’s (RNA) and its subsidiary business. Programs include campaigns, trade shows, customer-facing events and programs; coordinating meetings, logistics and serving as a liaison for clients, agencies, associations and sponsorship functions. In this role, the Marketing & Communication Manager will focus on the objectives of building a cohesive messaging and market positioning strategy reflective of an industry leader, while consistently generating new high-quality marketing and sales leads. This role will be a key point of contact for the category for internal teams; creative, website and online functions, cross-functional teams within sales, operations and the larger organization.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop & manage content for various mediums to support lead generation, including website content
- Execute campaign materials needed to target top prospects.
- Develop materials and resources to encourage partnerships with clients.
- Manage evergreen content and repurpose it into all appropriate formats and manage appropriate audience channels.
- Manage resources to ensure content library is up to date.
- Support executing email automation drip campaigns.
- Feed the social media strategy and industry content to the social media manager.
- Track trade pubs and social media to leverage and respond to editorial opportunities; sourcing and writing press releases.
- Manage, organize, coordinate, plan, and be the content developer for trade shows to provide an unforgettable experience for clients and prospects.
- Engage with proper stakeholders to execute marketing plans.
- Provide communications support to inform clients including general client communications, technology updates, crisis communication, etc.
- Write clear and concise for business-to-business operational communications and business-to-business marketing communications, including the C-suite
- Edit highly technical work and translate it to reach broad audiences.
- Meet tight deadlines and fast-turnaround requests.
- Deliver Results
- Shows ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding results; strives to overcome perceived obstacles.
- Seek feedback from others in order to plan performance improvement to achieve goals.
- Appear energized and energizes others by exceeding set goals.
- Challenges established ways of doing things to achieve goals more effectively.
- Act Commercially
- Ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions.
- Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
- Research the competitive environment to identify opportunities and threats.
- Review the business processes and activities in order to seek improvement.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Display courage.
- Show awareness of both positive and negative impact on others and how this affects outcomes.
- Ask for feedback from others and uses this to plan development.
- Coach and Develop
- Explains strategies and ideas to help others learn and understand.
- Offers timely, constructive feedback when appropriate.
- Celebrate success.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborating with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Involve others.
- Seek input and opinions from others to help make a specific decision.
- Build and maintain positive relationships in the team by valuing others’ contribution and experience.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn from others’ experience and contribution.
- Work in partnership with others to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Take initiative to resolve conflict through listening to all parties.
- Display Leadership
- Contributes new thinking and takes initiative.
- Helps create an environment that enables the team to perform at its best.