Vegetation Management Specialist
We are looking for solid hard working individuals to become Professional Vegetation Management Specialists. This position offers the satisfaction of offering great customer service without being tied to a desk. Our regional Vegetation Management Services (VMS) Specialists are an extension of J.C. Ehrlich’s VMS corporate support team and report to the VMS Support Operations Manager located in Reading, PA. Regional VMS Specialists perform vegetation management for a number of Ehrlich offices in a particular region.
Your work will include:
- Visually inspecting and treating for effective preventive and corrective weed control.
- Applying herbicides and other materials to prevent and/or control weeds to achieve desired results.
- Operate a large motor vehicle (<26,000 lbs. GVW) according to company and Department of Transportation policy.
- Maintaining assigned equipment in a neat, clean and properly operating condition.
- Properly documenting services in accordance with customer and/or state regulatory specifications.
- Building and maintaining good customer relations.
- Taking personal initiative and responsibility for correcting pest weed problems.
- Maintaining high service standards at all accounts.
- Participating in group meetings and account reviews.
- Completion of independent and group on-going training.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Being an interactive member in a team work environment.
- Working with Corporate Customer Service Representatives to schedule all work in your route on a daily/weekly basis.
- Partnering with branch offices when needed to coordinate service support.
Specialists must be flexible with their working hours, since vegetation services are weather dependent. We must accommodate our customer’s needs and this may result in extended working hours (55-60 hours per week) during the peak season of March through July. This position will include Saturday and possibly Sunday hours and last minute requests for services.
The successful candidate will be trained for a State Pesticide Applicators Licenses in Pennsylvania which does include Heat/Bed Bug.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess basic computer skills and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company standards
- Show a stable work history
- Detail oriented and customer focused
- Work independently and in teams
- Ability to speak, write, read and comprehend training materials, herbicide and pesticide labels printed in English
- Be comfortable working in a variety of environmental conditions
- Possess the physical ability to carry cartons and bags up to 50#
- Pass a respirator fit test and a Department of Transportation physical
- For safety reasons, all Specialists must be clean shaven for respirator use
- Satisfactorily complete initial technical training and State Licensing requirements