A/R Accounting Associate
- Makes outbound telephone calls to collect on past due balances.
- Monitors customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Follows up on accounts that have a balance and sends invoices to appropriate contacts.
- Prints, stuffs, and meters monthly statements.
- Communicates with customers via phone, email, and/or mail to resolve payment issues.
- Investigates and resolves NSF notices and bad checks.
- Maintains accurate and organized records of accounts receivable customer files and activities.
- Produces and distributes accounts receivable reports to designated persons as assigned or requested.
- Assists with billing, deposit, applying cash, collections and other accounting team functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. citizen or authorization to work in the United States.
- Ability to work before 8:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. as needed.
- Ability to read, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Satisfactory background and physical/drug checks.
- Accounting experience, preferably with A/R.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and percentages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in building rapport quickly over the phone.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency in MS Office computer programs.
- Effective planning and prioritizing of work.
- Ability to learn and use new computer software and web based programs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate on the phone for long periods of time.
- Ability to transport up to 25 pounds.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed