Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for maintaining customer sales tax exemption certificates to ensure multi-state sales tax compliance.
- Communicate with customers to obtain valid sales tax exemption certificates and ensure exemption forms are complete, current and compliant with state tax regulations.
- Review and maintain billing systems to ensure the customer’s tax exemption status is accurate.
- Calculate and post customers’ sales tax adjustments for accurate correction of state and local sales taxes charged on customer invoice billing.
- Track, monitor and respond to sales & use tax notifications from the states, including taking action on state tax notices, business license renewals and other state tax communications.
- Responsible to complete and file business registrations and business gross receipts tax returns.
- Assist to provide key support on state Sales & Use tax audits.
- Oversee the monthly review and journal entry posting of acquisition revenue and billing information.
- Ensure compliance with all state and local tax regulations regarding sales and use tax.
- Respond to state tax notices, business license renewals and other state tax communications.
- Strong working knowledge of multi-state sales and use tax regulations.
- Able to work independently.
- Possess strong attention to detail, complete work accurately and is highly organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Communicate effectively and professionally at all times.
- Use active listening skills and empathy when interacting with others.
- Apply excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a passion for service orientation and desire to make a positive impact on all customers and colleagues.
- Contribute successfully in a team environment.
- Have a pleasant phone manner and etiquette, with the ability to speak clearly.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to set priorities with little supervision.
- Support team initiatives as defined by Manager.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Has strong computer skills, and is proficient with ERP systems, Word and Excel
- Has working knowledge of Google Suite, especially Google Drive.
Program of Study
High School Diploma or GED
Finance or related field.
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
Two to Four (2-4) +
Sales and Use Tax Experience
Experience with business registrations and franchise tax returns
Certifications & Licensures
No licenses/certificates are required.
This is a full-time position. The Accountant will report to an office.
Work Schedule: This job tends to have regular office hours but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive financial closing arrangements. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.