Are you passionate about customer service? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Rentokil Steritech is part of the world’s largest pest prevention provider and the third largest in North America and Canada. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
What do our Bird Specialists do?
Bird Specialists perform bird control services safely and according to company guidelines and standard practices. This service will be performed on customer property in such a way that our customers’ expectations are met and often exceeded. Communicating and installing a quality product is critical of our service. You will be responsible for maintaining good customer relations and fostering long-term relationships with our district offices and service customers. Good relations include dealing with our district office mgmt. and coworkers as well as our service customers in a courteous manner at all times, leaving their premises and furnishings as clean as when you found them. You must communicate with our customers what actions you have taken while servicing their property. You are responsible for maintaining appropriate service standards on all accounts where you perform our service.
- Train company colleagues in respect to bird and bat applications
- Discuss any unusual circumstances or problems immediately with your supervisor and/or sales representative
- Actively participate in group meetings to develop new and better ways to meet and exceed our customers’ needs
- Identify customer’s bird and/or problems and apply appropriate preventive steps where no problems currently exist
- Satisfactorily complete initial technical training and participate in update training to stay current with proven methods and practices
- Maintain your equipment and vehicle in a state of cleanliness and good working order for your own comfort and safety, as well as providing an appropriate appearance for our customers
- Assist sales and management personnel in reviewing accounts and up-grading them as appropriate for the level of service, product, time requirements, and pricing
- Responsible for timely and proper completion of the customers’ and administrative reports
- Responsible for attaining level of productivity based on level of training, experience, and type of accounts serviced. Including proper usage of all power equipment and aerial work platforms.
- Participate in off-hours and weekends services when requested
- Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, including seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations
- Use application and inspection equipment and small hand and power tools
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Base plus commission with uncapped earning and growth potential
- Company provided technology package and car allowance
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
Technicians must be flexible with their working hours, able to work all shifts, and able to travel throughout our national coverage areas. We strive to provide a routine work schedule for our coworkers and consider their personal needs. We must accommodate our customer’s needs, however, and this may result in extended working hours (50-60 per week) including nights and weekends when required by customer needs.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to enter and exit structures and crawl spaces; climb over and on top of structures; ascend/descend stairs and balance/work off ladders up to 60’
- Able and uninhibited of heights
- Acquire a certification in Aerial Work Platforms and use of Hilti power actuated equipment
- Operate aerial work platforms
- Work off/balance on fixed and swing scaffolding
- Will be required to obtain any required industry licenses
- Valid driver’s license/clean driving record
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?