Strategic Account Manager
Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management in North America. We serve more than 60,000 clients, and pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse a distribution, retail, food service, grocery and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of service excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is a management position on the Account Management Team reporting to the Director, Strategic Accounts. The SAM is the main point-of-collaboration for adding value to the customers assigned. The SAM is the primary person focused on developing relationships with senior leaders to create an account strategy that will earn the best returns for both the client and Steritech. An essential part of this position is orchestrating the implementation of services, contract renewal and pricing analysis, account growth and profitability, and the communication and escalation of issues where appropriate.
In addition, the Strategic Account Manager must possess an in-depth understanding of the Brand Standards business, Steritech protocols and procedures and specific customer brand requirements to ensure a high level of service to the client and to facilitate excellent communication between Steritech and all levels of the client organization.
What does a Strategic Account Manager do?
- Establishes productive, professional and consultative relationships with key personnel throughout assigned client organizations (at both the franchise and corporate level).
- Coordinates the involvement of the vertical team (Specialists, Account Managers, Support Services, technical resources, operations management and leadership) in order to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the market segment, sharing insights, trends, benchmarking and best practices with clients assigned and with internal stakeholders.
- Executes successful contract renewals and price increase terms with clients assigned.
- Meets assigned targets for growth, profitability, A/R and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Develops strategic plans including performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for assigned accounts.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, validates customer needs and adds value to customers programs on an ongoing basis.
- Provides performance and career development feedback to team of Account Managers. Responsible for hiring, motivating, developing and retaining the best people in the industry.
- Effectively communicates with key personnel including senior and executive leaders in formal and informal settings.
- Responsible for submitting weekly, monthly and yearly reports as required; including ensuring administrative procedures are performed as necessary to complete required reports.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Bonus and commission opportunities
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched RSP
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in business or management-related field or five years progressive management experience in a related service industry or successful track record as an Account Manager (internal candidates)
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform in high pressure and dynamic situations with skill and tact
- Demonstrated ability to execute on projects and initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively negotiate with a track-record of results
- Ability to demonstrate financial knowledge and business acumen
- Proven success motivating and inspiring a team
- Attention to detail
- Sound decision making skills
- Desire and ability to travel 50% via car and airplane to meet clients, field operations, attend meetings and conference as necessary
- Proficiency with Google applications (docs, sheets, calendar, drive, etc.)
- Must pass pre-employment background screenings (Criminal and driving record)
- Must be bi-lingual in French and English
- Minimum five years of strategic sales experience in a business-to-business sales and/or account management organization is preferred
- Proficiency in Salesforce is an asset
- Experience in the (foodservice/grocery/convenience/QSR) industry is preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Passenger car, telephone, personal computer, other general office equipment
- Walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, sitting, driving, seeing, communicating (orally & in writing).